What you wish to have to know to have The most efficient birth experience for you. Drawing upon her thirty-plus years of experience, Ina May Gaskin, the nation’s leading midwife, shares the advantages and joys of natural childbirth by showing women how to consider in the ancient wisdom of their bodies for a healthy and fulfilling birthing experience. Based on the female-centered Midwifery Model of Care, Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth gives expectant mothers comprehensive information on everything from the all-important mind-body connection to how to give birth without technological intervention.
Filled with inspiring birth stories and practical advice, this invaluable resource includes:
• Reducing the pain of labor without drugs–and the miraculous roles touch and massage play
• What in reality happens throughout labor
• Orgasmic birth–making birth pleasurable
• Episiotomy–is it in reality necessary?
• Common methods of inducing labor–and which to keep away from at all costs
• Tips for maximizing your chances of an unmedicated labor and birth
• How to keep away from postpartum bleeding–and depression
• The risks of anesthesia and cesareans–what your doctor
doesn’t necessarily tell you
• The most efficient how one can work with doctors and/or birth care providers
• How to create a protected, comfortable environment for
birth in any setting, including a hospital
• And much more
Ina May’s Guide to Natural Childbirth takes the fear out of childbirth by restoring women’s faith in their own natural power to give birth with more ease, less pain, and not more medical intervention.
Frequently Bought Together
This item: Ina May's Guide to Childbirth$16.07
The Birth Partner, 4th Edition, Completely Revised and Updated: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and Other Labor Companions$13.59