It’s Not About the Pain
Incessantly misunderstood, women who have experienced a natural birth know there’s more to it. The pain is a part of the process but the rewards are greater.
And now you are here, wanting a natural birth and wondering exactly how you’ll be able to do it.
In I Can and I Will, the creator shares her path from having a “low pain tolerance” to two natural births: one at a birth center, one at home, both with a midwife attending.
Filled with inspiring natural childbirth experiences, birth stories, and practical advice from over 65 natural birthing women, I Can and I Will empowers you to do what you’ll be able to all through pregnancy to set the stage for a natural birth.
Challenges to Natural Birth
Fear about the pain or of losing keep watch over of your emotions and behavior is normal; if not addressed it can be a challenge. If your birth knowledge comes from dramatic TV shows, it can be a challenge. Some caregivers have practices and policies that may make natural birth harder to achieve. Friends and family may share negative stories, which may have an effect on your belief in yourself. Being semi-committed and not planning for a natural birth can be a challenge.
Just because it’s natural doesn’t mean you don’t need to prepare for it.
But how do you prepare for what you don’t know and can’t predict?
Five Keys to Overcome the Challenges
I Can and I Will is a natural childbirth guide that details five keys to natural birth, which will help you:
- Turn your desire into determination to carry you through the hard work of labor and birth.
- Learn about normal birth, which will reduce fears and allow you to have informed discussions with your caregiver.
- Create a supportive birth team, including a caregiver, partner, and other labor strengthen (doula).
- Address your fears, nurture a belief in yourself, and create a positive atmosphere so to birth with confidence.
- Learn about 10 natural childbirth classes.
- Write a birth plan different from what you know, so that everyone is willing to strengthen you.
- Prepare your body to enable a smooth labor and birth.
- Learn strategies for coping with pain all through labor, including positions that might help you to not tear.
Through information and inspiration, I Can and I Will helps you prepare for a natural birth in any location: home, birth center, or hospital.
In case you are ready to take keep watch over of what you’ll be able to to enable your natural birth, this is the book for you!
Frequently Bought Together
This item: I Can and I Will: Cultivate Your Courage for the Natural Birth of Your Dreams$9.95
HypnoBirthing, Fourth Edition: The natural approach to safer, easier, more comfortable birthing - The Mongan Method, 4th Edition$15.34